ResearchDRUG ARM oversees research into areas of treatment best practice, inter-agency collaboration and new community initiatives.
We collaborate with other service providers, universities, other academic bodies and government agencies to investigate issues relevant to our work in the field of Alcohol and other Drugs.
Recent projects have examined topics including
- Marginalised Youth
- Health issues for the Homeless
- Impact of Policy Changes on the Homeless
- Volatile Substance Misuse and
- Schoolies' Week on the Gold Coast.
For more information on Schoolies Research, click here
Reports on DRUG ARM research projects are available through the Resource Centre. You can search the catalogue to find them.
A selection of the reports available are listed below:
- Conference paper (Inhalant Use and Disorder Conference 2003): Equipping people to make a difference: Shared learnings and shared experiences 2003 (Michael Watts)
- Marginalised Young People: Upper North-West Brisbane Drug Prevention Action Plan 2003 (Marguerite Masterman)
- Volatile Substance Misuse in Brisbane: The Lighthouse Inhalants Project Report 2003 (Tom Ogwang & Kate Humphrys)
- Brisbane West Youth Participation Program Report 2004 (Ritchie Duce)
- West End/South Brisbane Drug Prevention Partnership Plan 2004 (Rebecca Goddard and Kate Humphrys)
- Conference paper (Australian Winter School 2004): The Lighthouse Inhalant Misuse Project and Volatile Substance Misuse in Brisbane�s Inner City: Interagency collaboration is not a myth (Kate Humphrys, Tom Ogwang, Peter Forday, Caroline Salom)
- Conference paper (Australian Winter School 2004): Teachers� perceptions of students' drug use: Is it a reliable measure of reality? (Dennis Young, Leonie Short, Bruce Acutt, Caroline Salom)
- Conference paper (Australian Winter School 2004): Schoolies Week in perspective: a study of drug and risk-taking behaviour in specific populations (Michael Watts, Dennis Young, Stuart Kinner, Caroline Salom)
- Zillmere Drug Action Project Reports 2004 - 2005 (Kate Humphrys)
- Of Substance journal article January 2005: Schoolies Week in Perspective: Studies of Alcohol, Drug- and Risk-Taking Behaviour (Caroline Salom, Michael Watts, Stuart Kinner, Dennis Young)